CAN to UART interface for VW platforms (MIB / MIB2 - Seat, Skoda and VW)
The APF-X320MIB is the latest generation of Alpine interfaces for Volkswagen platform vehicles (including Skoda and Seat) to connect an Alpine navigation or Digital Media Station seamlessly to your vehicle’s electronics / CAN-bus and retain all vehicle setup functions and other important features such as the parking sensors display. It includes a complete plug-and-play wiring harness for adaptation to the original VW connectors. There is also an adapter cable for the original USB port and a hands-free microphone connection cable included.
- Plug-and-play wiring harness for VW platform vehicles
- CAN-bus interface for latest generation of vehicles
- Display of air condition / heater settings on Alpine screen
- Steering wheel remote control retention
- Car setup menu display and control on Alpine screen
- Support of Multi-Function Display (MFD) in instrument cluster
- Parking sensor display and rear camera connectivity
- Pre-flight Check for Camper Vans
- Original hands-free microphone adaptation
- Compatible with all Alpine Head Units featuring “Vehicle Data-Bus Interface Ready” functionality
Car Setup Menu Display and Control
The key point when removing any factory radio is to ensure, that the vehicle setup menu can still accessed. Alpine makes it very easy and convenient: all settings can be conveniently displayed and touch-controlled in the settings section of your Alpine Head Unit.
Steering Wheel Button Compatibility
With this useful interface, your Alpine system gets connected to your steering wheel control buttons. This means you do not lose this convenient feature when upgrading to Alpine and you will have control over volume, phone (accept / decline calls), audio track forward/backward and many other commands. You can even activate Siri voice control if you have an iPhone connected to the system.
Multi-Function Display (MFD) Support
The APF-X320MIB supports the Multi-Function Display (MFD) in the instrument cluster. When connected to an Alpine Head Unit, the MFD will display radio station names, song titles and artist information, caller names and other useful information.
Parking Sensor & Camera Display
If your car is equipped with original parking sensors, you can continue to use this convenient feature after installing an Alpine Head Unit. The parking sensor system connects to your Alpine screen via the APF-X320MIB, showing convenient distance indications. If your car has a rear-view camera installed, you can of course show the camera image on the Alpine screen as well – in split-screen with the parking sensor display or in full-screen.
Pre-Flight Check for Camper vans
Most damages to camper vans occur, because the vehicle was not fully prepared for the road. Alpine’s on-screen Pre-Flight Check can be fully customized to match your vehicle and reminds you before you start driving, to ensure that the gas is shut off, all tables and doors are secured, satellite antennas are retracted, etc. and it is safe to drive.
Air Condition & Heater Settings Display
Get visual feedback for the selected interior temperature of driver and co-driver, air condition status, seat heating level, selected air vents and more. This screen will automatically appear for a few seconds on the Alpine screen if any of the named settings are changed.
Compatible with many Alpine Head Units
The APF-X320MIB is compatible with all Alpine Head Units and navigation systems that are “Vehicle Data-Bus Interface Ready” (with exception of iLX-W690D).
- Compatible with VW platforms (MIB / MIB2 - Seat, Skoda and VW)
- Steering wheel remote control interface with CAN to analogue conversion, retention of original car menu, addition of HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) and OPS (Optical Parking Sensor) screens and SIRI support.
- Some vehicle settings or features are not supported, among them: Traffic Sign Recognition, Active Information Display
* Please Note:
Only for vehicles with MIB/MIB2 radio platform (radios with CAR button). The interface is not compatible with the emergency call system, electric or hybrid vehicles and vehicles with Active Info Display (AID) or sound systems. Please note that vehicle menus may be lost (e.g. traffic sign recognition etc.). A few other functions or settings are retained but may be controlled in a different way. Not compatible with original OEM sound systems.